Certain events can result in major changes in our lives, but only a few of us manage to capture these moments on camera. However, there are people out there who’ve survived serious diseases, surgeries, and breakups with their loved ones, yet were able to document the most important transformations in their lives.
1. “I took this picture of me and my fiancee Olivia in March of 2017. I love this picture, but I also hate it because it is the last picture I ever took of us together. Olivia was killed in a car accident.”
2. “This photo of my mom was taken and later shown to a widower who wanted to marry her. Then it turned out that the groom had tuberculosis and his family and himself were hiding that fact. Luckily, my Mom didn’t marry this man.”
3. “The photo was taken right after I found out that I had Lyme disease. I was going to drop out of high school, but my friends helped me and kept me going through the last months before our graduation.”
4. “There had been someone spreading rumors about my injuries being lies at the my university. I had just been told by the doctors that, after a year of rehab, that my legs worked normally again.”
5. “I served on a submarine for 5 years. When I returned home, I fell into a depression and at some point had suicidal thoughts. This dog changed my life 2 years ago.”