According to statistics, hirsutism — also known as excessive hair in unusual areas — affects about 5-10% of women of all ages. However, no matter how healthy we may be, we all have to use tweezers on our faces from time to time in order to look gorgeous. We’ve found that it’s not always necessary to use such painful methods of facial hair removal — especially when other less painful methods can be found right in your kitchen!
1. Papaya + turmeric
- 1 raw papaya
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Peel the papaya and cut it into little pieces.
- Mash the pieces to make a paste.
- Mix the papaya paste with turmeric powder.
- Apply the paste to the parts of your face with unwanted hair.
- Massage your skin gently at first and then let the mask sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Repeat: 2 times a week
Results: Papain, an enzyme found in raw papaya, disintegrates the cuticle of human hair and causes it to fall out naturally.
Suitable for: all skin types
2. Potato + lentil
- 1 cup of yellow lentils
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Soak the lentils in water overnight.
- In the morning, run the soaked lentils through a food processor to crush them into a thick paste.
- Peel the potato and run it through the food processor as well.
- Take a sieve and pass the crushed potato through it to extract as much potato juice as possible.
- Mix the potato juice with the lentil paste, and add honey and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the mask is fully dry, remove it with your fingers. The paste will fall off, taking your unwanted hair with it.
Repeat: 1-2 times a week.
Results: Dried lentils make it easier for your hair to be pulled out while potatoes have natural bleaching properties that help lighten your remaining hairs and make them less visible.
Suitable for: all skin types, but if you have dry skin, don’t forget to use moisturizer after applying the mask.
3. Egg + cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Crack an egg and put the white from it into a bowl.
- Add sugar and cornstarch to it and stir the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and let it dry for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the paste is hard enough, grab it and rip it off.
Repeat: 2-3 times a week.
Results: Egg whites strongly stick to your facial hairs and plucks them as perfectly as store-bought wax.
Suitable for: all skin types except acne-prone and sensitive ones
4. Gelatin + milk
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin powder
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk
- A few drops of lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix gelatin with milk and lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- After you remove the mixture from the microwave, let it cool off for a few seconds, then apply it directly to your face.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 5 minutes, then peel it off with your fingers.
Repeat: as often as needed.
Results: The mask is extremely sticky and is able to peel off all the unwanted hairs instantly. It can also help you to get rid of blackheads and dead skin cells.
Suitable for: all skin types except sensitive and acne-prone ones