You can judge the efficacy of this simple exercise by the fact that even the US military uses it as a warm-up exercise and to stay fit.
- Start doing jumping jacks by standing straight.
- During the jump, raise your arms over your head and jump with your feet spreading away from each other.
Perform it 5 times.
Side-lying double leg lifts
This is a variation of the traditional side-lying leg lift where the top leg acts as the resistance while lifting the bottom leg. The added advantage of this exercise is that it not only targets the inner thighs but the outer thighs and obliques as well.
- Lie straight on one side of the body. Rest your head and neck on your bottom arm.
- Keep your toes glued together and pointed away from the body.
- Now slowly lift both your legs upward as high as possible. The legs should always remain stacked together.
- Hold for about 2 seconds before coming back to the starting position.
Perform 1 to 2 sets of 15 reps for each side.
Sumo goblet squat
Sumo squats are effective not only for toning your thighs and butt, but they are also great for getting rid of even the most stubborn belly fat.
- Start by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and position your feet at a 45-degree angle.
- Now perform a 90-degree angle squat while raising your hands to meet under your chin.
- Then come halfway up before squatting down again.
You may also hold a weight while doing it to increase its efficacy.