The inner thighs are a problem zone for fat accumulation in the body, especially for women. It makes the legs look unsightly and it’s even harder to lose than that stubborn belly pooch. The best way to lose thigh fat is by following a healthy diet and practicing the correct exercise regimen.
Burpees are an excellent fat-burning exercise. They engage every muscle in your body and are also great for strength-building. Perform them 10-20 times for optimum results.
- Get into a squat position with your palms flat on the ground.
- Then kick your feet back and get into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Then stand up from the squat position.
The curtsy lunge targets the inner thighs and helps stabilize hips, thereby improving your overall posture.
- Start by standing upright.
- Now move your left leg behind to the right so that your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying. While bending, join your palms together.
- Repeat the same with your right leg. This completes one rep.
Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
As the name suggests, this exercise strengthens your glute muscles.
- Start by getting down on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Making sure that your back remains straight and parallel to the floor, kick your heel up toward the ceiling. Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
Do 10-15 reps on each leg.
As the name suggests, frog jumps are all about jumping like a frog. However, don’t get misled by their simplicity. This is an extremely effective exercise that engages your quads, glutes, and hip flexors. To burn off that extra fat that makes your inner thighs look unattractive, give frog jumping a shot.
- Start by standing straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Now squat all the way down to the ground and place your hands in front of you.
- Hold this position for a second or 2.
- Now jump up and forward like a frog does.
- Upon landing, absorb the energy by bending your knees and sitting into your hips.